Many People Suffer from Constipation
Many people suffer from constipation. If we do not keep our inside clean by getting rid of waste and toxins regularly remaining healthy is impossible. What could be the causes contributing to constipation? How many reasons can you think of? Click here to learn and get surprised by the body’s interconnectedness contributing to constipation. (Reading time 2 minute)
- Poor eating hygiene, not respecting, and valuing your meals. Food remains undigested because the body cannot produce digestive enzymes in time when we multitask and eat, not chewing enough and gulping down food.
- Stress. Modern lifestyle morning hour stress! Not giving enough time to let the body relax and have a proper bowel movement.
- Lack of physical activity/exercise. Busy at the office desk or in front of the TV
- Dehydration. People are so busy they have no time even to drink simple plain water! Remember, even a herbal tea’s osmotic behavior in the body is different. It is an excellent habit to drink one or two glasses of plain water upon awakening.
- Hypothyroidism or suboptimal thyroid function. All activity slows down in the body, which slows down motility too.
- Low adrenal function. Often interconnected with reduced thyroid function, motility is affected.
- Lack of natural lubrication in the intestines. Insufficient healthy fat foods in the diet.
- Less fiber in the modern highly refined processed foods. Fruits and vegetables provide soluble and insoluble fiber to bulk and move along the stool smoothly. Psyllium husk is helpful.
- Food allergies, sensitivities, or intolerances. Dairy foods, wheat, and added sugars can cause inflammation and disruption in the normal functioning of the GI tract. An autoimmune activity can also be present in this scenario.
- Suboptimal cellular magnesium levels: With a modern lifestyle, people are unable to meet the magnesium needs from diet alone. Mainly the citrate form helps with relaxation and motility.
- Hypochlorhydria. Low stomach acid in the stomach can affect magnesium absorption causing constipation
- Microbial imbalances in gut and SIBO. Especially a reduction of the beneficial species, Bifidobacterium, which has a direct correlation to constipation.
- Medications and supplements. Calcium supplements, opioid painkillers, few hypertension drugs in some people, antacids, and most iron supplements may cause constipation.
- Stress again. Physiological or psychological stress via the HPATG axis will affect the enteric nervous system in the gut. You may be astonished that this is where more than 90% of the body’s serotonin (the happy hormone) is produced. Serotonin has an effect on motility and peristalsis in the intestinal tract. Too much serotonin can contribute to diarrhea, and too little serotonin may add to hypomotility, causing constipation.