Mango Ginger looks like ginger, however, it has a unique combined taste of ginger’s sourness and the fragrance of raw mango. It has a lot of health benefits, mainly supporting digestion. Hence in South India, it is eaten along with meals.
10 – 12 servings
- 1 cup fresh mango ginger, chopped
- 3 – 4 lemons, freshly juiced
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- Wash and scrape out the skin of mango ginger, and then chop it into small round thin slices.
- Put the slices in a glass jar and pour the lemon juice until the mango ginger is submerged in the juice.
- Add Himalayan salt to your taste and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Cover the jar with a lid and let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Enjoy as a condiment with meals, keep refrigerated.
- Can be eaten straight away, however, it tastes best after a day.
- With the mango ginger you may add in fresh green chilies too.
Recipe created by Michelle Vasandani