“Functional medicine determines how and why illness occurs and restores health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual.” – The Institute of Functional Medicine www.ifm.org
“Functional Medicine is a Science-based, personalized healthcare approach that assesses and treats underlying causes of illness through individually-tailored therapies to restore health and improve function.” – Dr. Mark Hyman
Our Functional Medicine Coaching’s Fundamental Aspects;
- Our health’s natural state is one of vitality and sustained wellness. So let us identify and correct the blockages, imbalance and impairments in the body’s functioning, this will assist the body into healing mode towards its natural state of wellness.
- Our body’s functioning is absolutely interconnected. No organ is functioning separately. An allergic reaction on the skin could be interconnected via the immune system to the dysfunction in the Gut, which could have started a few years apart from the skin allergic reactions.
- Root causes of illness will always be unique for all because everyone’s lifestyle/life experiences are different. Hence the same pill or treatment plan may not be practical and effective for all people with similar symptoms.
- For long-term sustained wellness, lifestyle and behavioral habits are the primary determinants.
- The patient’s willingness and belief in this functional healing modality are fundamental to their ability to get well. This aspect is of utmost importance. Hence some educational information about your health plays an important role.
- Healing encompasses the patient’s entire life experience, i.e., physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Health care here is much more than just lab report numbers and diet plans.
We will assist you to see the inner connectedness and the upstream root causes of the dysfunctions and blockages in your body and guide you through targeted lifestyle cum diet modifications. Our purpose is to educate, inspire, and empower you to activate your inner healing power.
Our approach is a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that we look at how all areas of your life are connected. For example, does stress at your job or in your relationship cause you to overeat? Does lack of sleep or low energy prevent you from exercising? As we work together, we will look at how all parts of your life affect your health as a whole and connect the dots between who you are and who you want to be.
Our perspective is not just to dwell on calories, carbs, fats, and proteins. It is not to create lists of restrictions or good and bad foods. Instead, we will work with you to create a happy, healthy lifestyle in a way that is flexible, fun, and rewarding. We will guide you through all the lab work to help you to make the optimal decision with your physician that resonates best with your inner voice to magnify your power of belief to facilitate and your healing process.
What To Expect:
There are no instant magic pills or one-size-fits-all approaches to healing, restoring health, and sustained wellness;
- We suggest a set of sessions (depending on your choice) via online calls
- Each session is for 40 minutes, two weeks apart
- Comprehensive lifestyle guidance for healing and sustained wellness
- Dietary plans designed personally for you
- Advice for pure and therapeutic nutraceuticals if required
- Advanced Functional Lab tests if needed and desired by you
- Clinically researched information specific to your needs and goals
Please feel free to contact us with your details if you wish to know more.