“Functional medicine determines how and why illness occurs and restores health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual.” – The Institute of Functional Medicine www.ifm.org
“Functional Medicine is a Science-based, personalized healthcare approach that assesses and treats underlying causes of illness through individually-tailored therapies to restore health and improve function.” – Dr. Mark Hyman
Our Functional Medicine Coaching’s Fundamental Aspects;
- Functional Medicine Health Coaching is a holistic approach to health and wellness that seeks to understand and heal the root causes of disease.
- This approach looks beyond symptoms to identify the underlying imbalances and blockages in the body that are causing the illness.
- Our health’s natural state is wellness and vitality. Functional Medicine identifies and helps remove the blockages and imbalances in the body’s functioning, this naturally enables the body toward its natural state of wellness.
- Functional Medicine Health Coaching educates and empowers people to make lifestyle changes to restore and maintain optimal health.
- It is a partnership between a patient and the coach. A coach works with the patient to develop an individualized health plan that is tailored to their unique needs. The plan typically incorporates lifestyle modifications, nutrition, exercise, and stress management. Through this approach, the coach helps the patient identify and address the root causes of their illness.
- Functional Medicine Health Coaching involves using evidence-based approaches such as advanced lab testing, where required, and targeted nutraceuticals, to restore the body’s optimal functioning.
- The goal is to create a lasting, sustained, and positive impact on the client’s physical and emotional health.
- The field of functional medicine health coaching is rapidly growing, as more people are looking for alternative ways to manage their health and wellness. This approach is based on the belief that the body is a complex system, and requires an individualized approach to care. This approach is based on the understanding that all systems of the body are interconnected, and that each organ is affected by the other.
- The root causes of illness will always be unique because everyone’s lifestyle and life experiences are different. Hence the “one size fits all” or “a pill for every ill” approach is not encouraged here but a personalized healing plan is recommended.
- For long-term sustained wellness, lifestyle, behavioral habits, and beliefs are the primary determinants.
- Healing encompasses the patient’s entire life experience, i.e., physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Health care is much more than just lab report numbers and diet plans.
Our Functional medicine health coaching may be right for you if you’re looking for a more holistic, evidence-backed integrative approach to health and wellness. Feel free to contact us to inquire, how we can guide you to attain your desired health goals.