A delicious vegan, gluten-free protein and a fiber-rich dish of tofu and chickpeas. Enjoy it with bread, naan, or rice.
- 1 pack of firm tofu 396 gm – 14 oz.
- 1 can of unsalted chickpeas 425 gm – 15 oz. (drained)
- ½ can full-fat coconut milk 200 ml – 7 oz.
- 80 gm almond flour
- 2 inches (approx. thumb size) of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 tbsp avocado oil or coconut cooking oil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chili, ginger, and spices and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Next add tomato puree, almond flour, and coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
- With your hands crumble the tofu into the skillet and mix well. Next, add the chickpeas and mix well.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until the tofu and chickpeas have blended in well with the gravy.
- Pour into serving bowls, scatter with fresh coriander leaves, and serve along with a lime wedge.
- Enjoy with rice, naan, or bread.
- If you fancy onion and garlic, you can sauté them at the very beginning, before adding in chili, ginger, and spices.