A versatile delicious coconut sauce made from coconut meat and coriander, that will soon become your favorite sauce in the kitchen!
Ingredients for sauce
- 1 fresh coconut meat grated
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp roasted chickpeas
- 4 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1-inch ginger finely grated
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Water as per sauce consistency preference
Ingredients for tempering
- 2 dried red chilies, whole
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cooking coconut oil or ghee
- few curry leaves
- In a blender add all the ingredients for the sauce. Add water and blend for several minutes until the sauce has attained the consistency you desire.
- Remove in a serving bowl
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add in the ingredients for the tempering. Stir for few minutes until the mustard seeds start popping.
- Pour the tempering on the sauce, mix in well and enjoy
- You can enjoy the sauce hot or cold.