Quinoa With Sautéed Vegetables
- 1 cup freshly cooked quinoa
- 1 boiled potato, diced
- ½ capsicum finely diced
- 1/3 cup corn kernels, blanched
- 1/3 cup green peas, blanched
- 1/3 cup carrots finely diced, blanched
- ¼ cup of peanuts roasted
- 2 tbsp coconut cooking oil or ghee
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 green chili chopped lengthwise
- 1 tsp sea salt or add more to taste
- 1 small bunch of chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Few curry leaves
- Few fresh lemon pieces
- In a pan heat the oil, add the curry leaves, rye seeds, salt, turmeric powder, chilies, capsicum, and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add in the corn kernels, carrots, and green peas, peanuts, and continue to sauté for another few minutes.
- Next, add in the potatoes and the cooked quinoa and mix well and let it cook for another few minutes.
- When ready, serve hot.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and squeeze some lemon juice.
- Peanuts can be replaced with nuts like almonds and/or cashews.
- You can also add some protein nuggets and mushrooms or play around with the vegetables of your preference.